This task has been canceled!

Created by
leisy.the.fox 7k about 3 months ago

Home crafts: Making bookmarks, for books, and delivering them to a local library.

I thought about a slower method of marketing and adoption to nurture our collective inner peace.

I'm asking for you to make 5 bookmarks go to a local library and stealthily put them in 5 books. You should tell us why you chose those books and not others.

The style of the bookmarks, I'd want to be minimalistic. Too much visual noise looks ugly and the book people are calm and fragile people, so it's nicer for them to have minimalistic bookmarks. I think they will like them.

Please do your best. And here are the bookmarks (front and back) that me and my gf made:
1st image
2nd image
we forgot to write "https://" so we wrote "visit the website" instead

If you use some text, of course, use it in your language.
Take your time to make sketches and practice as we did before the final result and bookmarks.

Conditions for accepted solutions:

1. Photo of 5 bookmarks (front and back) with, for example, a nice bch logo in front and the url https://read.cash in the back.
  2. Photo of the library where you put the bookmarks.
  3. Photos of the bookmarks being put in the books.
  4. A brief phrase saying why those books.

You can do it differently but keep it simple and nice.

See task infos

Comments (27)
laurenceuuu 38 about 3 months ago

Unfortunately, libraries on our area isn't available because of the pandemic. They are not opening the library.

underwar 366 about 3 months ago

can we do it in bookstore ? the content should be about BCH ? the bookmarks should be different ?

Solutions (16)

laraib 320 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
Creator

What about the inspection. When delivering books back to library, you give them to someone. That sees if the books are in good condition : p

starboy 133 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution

Really good. Thank you. That was awesome

Creator

An important detail we missed. The link www.read.cash does not work. If you keep doing it, It has to be https://read.cash to work. Regards

haniabsh 197 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
haniabsh 197 about 3 months ago

I will send the links of pictures in comments here.

haniabsh 197 about 3 months ago

Hello. I did it this evening. We went to the library of one the Cafe in downtown of my city. The photo of library : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14diOBKSLL4aVHnYsm0scljEgUk3pX4Sb/view?usp=drivesdk Photo of bookmarks from front : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14h_iEiyYQfKvzcyFGyM1uJurKxLNtF9q/view?usp=drivesdk Photo of bookmarks from back : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14SsLTSiIciDQUwVZegcltbbOUTCvVVbU/view?usp=drivesdk Photo of the books: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jyanftn7v6NUv1DE-voMEcFZJZB_4Qd/view?usp=drivesdk First book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14oeEwFPwzX-eZ306x0AN-9275KO0Oo6A/view?usp=drivesdk I choosed it because that book was useful for me and university. Second book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YHJ5QKycH8aQRpXseM9KeKcOFYPlhNP/view?usp=drivesdk A book from Sigmund Freud and I like the psychology subjects. Third book : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14WP1oA_3uC_tMAP3-zSNJMqpX-SrDjXs/view?usp=drivesdk That was about Ethics and Philosophy.

anabiya1 290 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
Creator

Thanks for the solution. Good books!

underwar 366 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
Creator

The shop seems closed in the picture. But I guess it's just a different lighting than usual for here. Nice bookmarks,

kimace 273 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
Creator

How have you gotten the 3rd picture, from the section of the library?

kimace 273 about 3 months ago

The library attendant didn't allow me to snap the section of the library but they gave me a saved picture from the school gallery.

@fatema1139 131 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
Creator

You "tried a lot for these two days to go to the local library", but you "couldn't go outside from home"?

wajiha 176 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
wajiha 176 about 3 months ago

I don't know why the pictures links are not working 😭 please send me your noisecash id, so i can send the pics there, do give me a chance please 😭

Creator

How old are the students in question?

mBCH

naxxrama 338 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
Creator

I don't even know what to say. This is truly incredible and awesome. Gf was saying with that quality they could be scanned and printed and used in other places by you or others, since they are so nice. Anyway, awestruck here.

zenifa 350 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution
Creator

Very good task, to the point. Thank you I apologise for the situation of books in library and people looking. I think of making it better next time.

demolaff 372 about 3 months ago
16 mBCH
Accepted solution

They are quite nice. Cheers

umairkhan 471 about 3 months ago
Declined solution
Creator

You're solution to the task was keeping me undecided between accepting it or not. The use of a ruled paper as a bookmark seemed careless to me. The back page did not seem particularly nice. Though the front part seemed rushed and badly cut, upon second view I actually thought that the drawings and phrase were ok, there was something of 'self-expression' with lack of better term, and I trust you to be a better judge of what message you have for your university mates. I was undecided, but I cannot accept your solution seeing that the images of the library, (inside and outside) seem to have been taken with a different device (as seen by the photo quality and description) from the images of the bookmarks, and books. With that I don't have much to believe that the library images were taken by you. Anyway, thank you for your solution.

aisha 16 about 3 months ago
Declined solution
Creator

Personally I really don't like the drawing of the logos. I sincerely think you could have done better. I don't know what is the read strip with a facebook link and a number in the back part of the bookmarks. As with UmairKhan the image of the library seem to have been taken with a different device (as seen by the photo quality and description) from the images of the bookmarks, and books. That leads me to believe that it was not taken by you. I cannot in good conscience accept your solution.

shakar 128 about 3 months ago
Declined solution
Creator

Again, images of the library do not match the photos of the bookmarks, and books. The size of the photos of books and bookmarks, while similar between them is different from the one photo of the library. Your bookmarks are a copycat of laraib, and umairkhan. Why is your username in imgbb Umairkhaan like lazyfox user umairkhan that last submitted a solution? Joking with us?

@mirshad 246 about 3 months ago
Declined solution
Creator

Thank you for your participation. There might have been however a miscommunication issue upon solving the task. A reference to a library, either in text or in picture is missing from your solution. Also, the task made reference to 5 bookmarks, and such a number is not found in your submitted solution. This makes me wonder if the task was understood by you. Regards

navi 65 about 3 months ago
Declined solution
Creator

I ask you to submit a bit nicer ones in the new task. You are also missing the dot in read.cash