Created by
hermanezz 55 about 15 days ago

How can I send my BSV using a BCH Electron Cash wallet

I have a seed with BCH from before the BCH/BSV split. I now want to access these BSV but without having to enter my seed in BSV software. I don't trust these BSV projects so entering my seed in e.g. https://electrumsv.io/ is nothing I want and will do.

Please provide me with a detailed description how I can access my BSV with a pre-fork seed phrase by using only electron cash software (so something I can download from either https://electroncash.org/ or the electron cash github).

The description should work on ubuntu 20.04

It is also ok if the description involves using other software that has a good reputation within the BCH ecosystem. But in such cases it will be at my subjective discretion what software I consider of good reputation.

See task infos

Comments (2)
the00dustin 15 about 14 days ago

FWIW, I understand your concern, but I don't think this is something you can do. Also, most of the methods to split coins involve the BCH side (get already-split BCH, use coinjoin, use schnorr sigs, etc), so if you do get instructions for doing this in order to move BSV first, you might risk having your BCH replay and be lost. Personally, I split the coins with Electrum Cash and sent them to a new wallet before importing the old one in electrumsv. Note there IS a scam wallet that claims to be for BSV. IIRC, it's electrum-bsv(dot)org, so stay away from that.

robert 1k about 6 days ago

Can you not just move you BCH to a new secure wallet first then use the old seed in an official BSV wallet to access your BSV. If BSV can't be trusted it isn't worth anything anyway.

Solutions (2)

adam 40 about 14 days ago
Declined solution
hermanezz 55 about 13 days ago
Creator

what is this..? "Try to find a BSV wallet.." That's what I'm asking you to do. I said I want a "detailed description"! Why do you answer this if you have no freaking idea..??

telesfor 303 about 13 days ago
Declined solution
hermanezz 55 about 13 days ago
Creator

I did that. Didn't work. That's why I created this task. If you think it works please provide a reproducable sequence of bash commands that works on ubuntu 20.04. I'll accept/decline in 3 days depending on whether you provided it or not